Introduction to the Landlord Accreditation Scheme
The aim of the scheme is to improve both the physical condition and management standards of the private rented sector within Portsmouth. This will be accomplished not only through the provision of encouragement, support and incentives but also by actively working with and publicly recognising those landlords who are willing to attain and adhere to good property standards.
The scheme is a partnership between Hampshire Police, The Fire & Rescue service, The University of Portsmouth and the Portsmouth District Private landlords Association.
Browse the site for more information and to apply for accreditation. You can also view vacant accredited properties on the property search page. If you need more help or information please contact us at
Housing Standards, Portsmouth City Council.
Benefits to Landlords
- Recognition that you are a landlord providing a high standard of accommodation.
- Market advantage when letting a property
- Free advertisement and promotion of your properties on the LAS's website.
- Free landlord training events.
- Improved access to other local authority departments and services.
- Access to local companies and trades who offer a variety of
- Free Energy Performance Certificates.
- Green Deal assessments (coming soon)
- Co-operation, support and advice from the LAS operators on all aspects of private renting.
- Provision of a membership pack, card and certificates for displaying in your accredited properties.